Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita (人類は衰退しました, Humanity Has Declined), or "Jintai" for short, is a light novel series written by Romeo Tanaka and published by Shogakukan under their imprint, Gagaga Bunko. The first six volumes were illustrated by Touru Yamasaki and the latter three were illustrated by Sunaho Tobe. The series is complete at 10 volumes.
The series has spun off three manga adaptations and an anime television series which aired in summer of 2012.
For years, declining birth rates have forced what's left of the human race to cede more and more territory to other beings who have appeared to take advantage of the emptying ecological niche. Now, only a handful of humans remain among the remnants of civilization and Earth is dominated by faeries —tiny, ten-centimeter tall creatures of surprising intelligence. But humanity's importance isn't over quite yet, as young Watashi learns as she makes the decision to return to her hometown and assume her grandfather's position as an arbitrator between the races. Unfortunately, the job isn't going to be anywhere near as simple as she expected, and it's going to take a wisdom far beyond her years to achieve her most important mission.
(Source: Sentai Filmworks via MyAnimeList)
Every Chapter (after editing) must conform to the general format guidelines.
Translators are asked to register which chapters they're working on
If you enjoyed the translation, please tell us in the Feedback Thread.
- 9 December 2014 - Project page created
- 2 August 2020 - Heijou Unten Chapter 1 added
- 5 August 2022 - Book 1 Chapter 1 completed
- 18 October 2022 - Book 1 Chapter 2 completed
- 25 October 2022 - Book 1 April Report completed
- 29 October 2022 - Book 1 completed
- 12 September 2023 - Book 2 full external draft (without images) completed
Older updates can be found on the Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita Updates page.
Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita by Romeo Tanaka
Note: Chapters' titles may be subject to change.
- Project Manager:
変幻出没: Japanese to English (slow translator). (talk) Lcat4ever: Japanese to English (also a slow translator) (talk) Wscp: Japanese to English (reasonably fast translator) (talk)
- 人類は衰退しました 1 - May 24, 2007 ISBN 978-4-09-451001-0
- 人類は衰退しました 2 - December 18, 2007 ISBN 978-4-09-451044-7
- 人類は衰退しました 3 - April 18, 2008 ISBN 978-4-09-451061-4
- 人類は衰退しました 4 - December 18, 2009 ISBN 978-4-09-451104-8
- 人類は衰退しました 5 - January 19, 2010 ISBN 978-4-09-451183-3
- 人類は衰退しました 6 - February 18, 2011 ISBN 978-4-09-451255-7
- 人類は衰退しました 1 - November 18, 2011 ISBN 978-4-09-451308-0 (*)
- 人類は衰退しました 2 - November 18, 2011 ISBN 978-4-09-451309-7 (*)
- 人類は衰退しました 3 - January 18, 2012 ISBN 978-4-09-451320-2 (*)
- 人類は衰退しました 4 - January 18, 2012 ISBN 978-4-09-451321-9 (*)
- 人類は衰退しました 5 - March 16, 2012 ISBN 978-4-09-451329-5 (*)
- 人類は衰退しました 6 - March 16, 2012 ISBN 978-4-09-451330-1 (*)
- 人類は衰退しました 7 - July 18, 2012 ISBN 978-4-09-451353-0
- 人類は衰退しました 8 - February 19, 2013 ISBN 978-4-09-451393-6
- 人類は衰退しました 9 - June 18, 2014 ISBN 978-4-09-451494-0
- 人類は衰退しました 平常運転 - December 18, 2014 ISBN 978-4-09-451525-1
- 人類は衰退しました 未確認生物スペシャル - September 21, 2016 ISBN 978-4-09-451632-6
(*) Re-released with art from Sunaho Tobe