Questions and Answers
1. Are you working on the light novels or the web novels? What's the difference?
I'm working from the Chinese translations of the light novels. The web novels were published before the light novels, but the light novels contain more content in terms of character development and extra scenes. In addition, some lines in the web novels were toned down in the light novels. (And there's more fanservice in the light novels.)
2. Hey, dude, the chapters are out of order! Why did you translate Chapter Y before Chapter X?
Simply put, because someone signed up to do Chapter X before I did. Translators work at different speeds, so some chapters may come out ahead of the others. Everyone works at their own pace, so give them some time.
3. So when's your next chapter coming out?
If I got a dollar every time someone asked me this, I would be able to do this for a living. Click on the User Page tab on the top left corner and you will find my progression on the latest chapter as well as a rough estimate on when the chapter will be complete. And, no, it has been scientifically proven that asking me to work faster/harder does not improve translation speed. I am working off of PST in California, so do take that into account when looking for the new chapter on my update days.
4. Are you going to translate all the volumes?
Until otherwise stated, yes.
5. I got the chapter summaries from somewhere else, may I post them in the forums?
Please don't. Last I heard, the chapter summaries flying everywhere absolutely killed all motivation for the translators. So...... Please don't. Please.
6. I have more questions that you haven't answered here!
Drop me a line in the comments section below. If I can't answer it, go ahead and take it to the Feedback Thread on the forums.
Hey Dreyakis, just wanted to say thanks for taking up translating Tenkyou! I look forward to reading your translations again xD
Hey Dreyakis sorry to ask you, so soon after you taking up Tenkyou, but did you have permission to translate from Veracitea? i though that Veracitea wanted to work on this project alone.
- I was invited to work on this project by larenthian actually. Haven't heard that this was a solo project? Dreyakis (talk) 03:29, 15 July 2015 (UTC)
- Well you should ask Veracitea just in case though, since sometime ago there also a translator who wanted to work on this project but refused by Veracitea, though if there are more translator it'll be great, much more release yo! :D
You don't need to worry about that, Drey and Anon. I've been corresponding with Vera since day 1 via email. I was the one who invited her to work on this project in the first place. A few months back, I already talked to her about the possibility of a few translators joining, myself included, and she acknowledged it. Here's snap of our conversation:
- There's no hard and fast rule. It depends on your schedule and difficulty level of text. For Alderamin, 3 pages an hour can be considered good pace. But I would like to open the project to other translators. But before that, I also want to see what I want to work on and at what kind of pace first XD But first of all, before opening the project, I've caught up with my reading to the latest volume and want to rework the terminology page first ~ snipped ~
- That is a MUCH nicer format than what I had :O please change it when you have the opportunity :) I've come to terms with the idea of inviting other translators (really, I have), so I'll defer to you about when to open the project up. But I would reaally like to at least finish the first book myself, so can I ask that you start translating from book two (if you have the time)? >< ~ snipped ~
- Thank you very much for responding to my question, i was afraid if Veracitea angry because someone translate without her permission and stop translating, it turns out to be fine :D
Hello, this is Vera! I'm sorry that I'm late to this conversation (I hadn't realized that you had commented on my page a couple months ago.) I really would appreciate the help in translating Alderamin. I'm currently finishing up Volume 2 Chapter 2, which I'll have out hopefully by next week. If you are still interested in translating, can I ask you to start from Volume 2 Chapter 3? I'll start from Chapter 4 to give myself more time, because I'm expecting to be quite busy over the next couple of months. I look forward to working with you! And the next time I don't respond within a week, please contact me a second time because chances are the message somehow didn't reach me the first time. Veracitea (talk) 19:23, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
Hello, Dreyakis!! I just want to know, are you still translating or abandoned it? Well, if you abandoned it, then i will try to get some help from other translator. Anyway, thanks from your translation! *Bow --RozenMaiden