Talk:Kamisu Reina Series
Ok. Now this is fascinating. Consider me well teased, Herr EusthEnoptEron.
Thanks for finishing chapter 2. Ushwood (talk) 06:55, 29 August 2013 (CDT)
I just finished whats been translated of Kamisu Reina and I really enjoyed it. It reminded me a lot of Usamaru Furuya's Suicide Club: http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=3439
I loved Hakomari and reading this work of Mikage really reinforced why I enjoy his work. He's incredibly good at understanding and conveying a character's internal conflict, and he does it by personifying abstract concepts into these mysterious omnipotent beings: Kamisu Reina and O respectively. I get a great tingling sensation when he finally reveals his hand, like at the end of volume 5 of Hakomari. Kamisu Reina's idea of having a phenomenon exist that gives suicidical teenagers that last push they need to finally do it is really interesting. In each of the three stories, Kamisu Reina pushes each of them over the threshold, not by making them despair, but by showing them hope in suicide. I guess she also embodies the suicider's hope for an orderly world, as in chapter 2 and 3 where both characters see her as an answer to why they had to suffer. You could go so many different ways with Mikage's concepts and I really enjoyed Kamisu Reina because of it.
I definitely look forward to the last chapter of this volume and omake comedy bit of Hakomari that you mentioned on /a/. Thanks for your excellent translations and keep up the good work. Thresholden (talk) 02:57, 13 February 2014 (CST)
I ended up editing things as I read through it. I apologize if I made any mistakes or incorrect "corrections." Well, I guess there's always a rollback thing for that. So, yeah. Thank you for translating; I learned two new words due to that, ressentiment and mien. Axyraandas (talk) 23:31, 7 May 2014 (CDT)
- Thanks a bunch for your edits; you caught a few pretty embarrassing ones. :D EusthEnoptEron (talk) 05:47, 8 May 2014 (CDT)
Question a bit: Is this thisng has completely no illust? No cover, nothing? Castor212 (talk) 13:53, 13 May 2014 (CDT)
There's a cover on the main page, but that's it, it seems. Axyraandas (talk) 12:25, 14 May 2014 (CDT)
- It's one of the very few light novels under the Dengeki Bunko label that come without any illustrations (along with Boku-ra wa doko ni mo hirakanai and [partly] Mimizuku to Yoru no Ou for example). Don't ask me why. I do think that I've read that it was a decision of the editor, though. EusthEnoptEron (talk) 14:08, 14 May 2014 (CDT)
first of all, thank you very much for translating this and secondly, will you translate volume 2?
- You're welcome. I can't give you my word on the second volume, but chances are that I will translate it eventually. It's hard to name a data, though, because I'm pretty impulsive when it comes to choosing what and when to translate. EusthEnoptEron (talk) 18:09, 18 May 2014 (CDT)
thank you for beginning your translation of vol 2! you made my day!
Hey Eusth o/ I'm considering translating this into French (that would make the 3rd series I'm translating based on your translation =p). Is that okay with you? --Hunk (talk) 08:43, 25 July 2014 (CDT)
- 毎度！Feel free to use my translations if you decide to give it a shot. EusthEnoptEron (talk) 10:47, 25 July 2014 (CDT)
Hey again! There's some inconsistency bothering me about chapter 3 and chapter 4. In chapter 3, Shizuka says "The only reason why I associated their deaths with the anomaly that occurred to the humanoid energies is because they were all suicides and happened in succession in my school", and the suicides she's talking about occured in Shikura middle high, right? But then, in chapter 4, Kazuaki says: "In other words, she had just as little to do with the Shikura middle school as me.". Kazuaki sounds like he and Shizuka never attended to that school... I'm quite lost here ._. --Hunk (talk) 08:51, 26 September 2014 (CDT)
- Sorry for the... slight delay. Shizuka's sentence is wrong. I misinterpreted "all incidents happened at the same school" as "all incidents happened in the same school as me." EusthEnoptEron (talk) 22:31, 10 July 2015 (UTC)