Talk:White Album 2
"School of Houjou University"
- well it's at least better than this. My ideas are "Houjou University High School Division" or even just "Houjou High School" --jonathanasdf (talk) 02:11, 5 January 2014 (CST)
May I ask, who is currently actively translating this?
Is anyone managing this translation? I checked the uploaded scripts and the quality is absolutely unacceptable. It looks like machine tl. I hope you have a good tl-checker though it looks like a fair amount of it will need to be completely re translated.
velocity7 is the project manager but I don't think he's going through the translations in detail. If you think you can improve the quality please just go right ahead and do it. --jonathanasdf (talk) 23:43, 20 January 2014 (CST)
"Houjou (Uni.) Prep School" might also work, though some people may not be familiar with the term. In any case, "Houjou High School" is definitely better than the current translation. NaokiP (talk) 13:57, 22 January 2014 (CST)
Have a (competent) tlchecker looked through these scripts? You're not planning on releasing a patch before doing that and editing them, right?
If I had more time in the day I would do it but right now White Album 2 is on my backburner. I'm not going to lie, the current translations for WA2 are NOT easy to edit and currently it is too large a project for me to undertake. --Skies (talk) 18:53, 9 March 2014 (CDT)
If we do release anything it will be a PREVIEW patch, with a disclaimer that the quality is low and to download at your own risk. For every person that would rather there be full editing before release, there's probably ten people who just want something released. --jonathanasdf (talk) 22:37, 10 March 2014 (CDT)
Are you still working on this? It seems that there was no any updates in last two months, please don't drop this project :'( .
I'll be using the following as standard now: "Houjou High School" / 峰城大学付属学園 and "Miss Houjou High (Contest)" / ミス峰城大
Furthermore, the term "Houjou School Light Music Club" / 峰城大付属軽音楽同好会 is fairly redundant. It can simply be referred to as "(the) Light Music Club", "the Club", etc.
I understand that this goes against the current Guidelines, and discussing it in the same's Talk page would be more appropriate, but all the word-mincing with "Houjou" is making me sick, and this seems to be the most active Talk page on the project. I won't change the Guidelines themselves since I can't ask the project manager himself, but everyone seems to agree on "Houjou High School" at least. NaokiP (talk) 15:06, 14 July 2014 (CDT)
Introductory Chapter and organization
First off, I'd like to apologize to the team for just disappearing like I did. At first it was just laziness but my PC's been on the fritz for the past few months, and I completely forgot about the project in the meanwhile. Since the IC chapters are now all open for editing, I think it might be a good idea for us editors to organize a bit better, and get all the editing done together in a separate place rather than potentially clutter up the scripts and overwrite each others' edits. I'm thinking a Skype Group chat could work... If you like the idea, please add me. Username: max76549, display name is the same as here. If not, or if you have an alternative in mind, please let me know why here. NaokiP (talk) 16:47, 10 July 2014 (CDT)
- Uploaded updated versions of scripts 1002, 1003 and 1004, with some updated translations provided by KagetsukiArk. These are still far from perfect or done, but they're a nice improvement over the previous versions. NaokiP (talk) 16:23, 18 July 2014 (CDT)
Hello there, anonymous potential editor here. I'm wondering if someone could go through and mark the scripts that really need to be edited. It's hard to tell at a glance which scripts need more attention and which ones are fine as they are in their current state. Maybe just put an asterix to mark the scripts needing attention? - 06:32, 19 July 2014 (CDT)
- Can we ask the editors to mark the scripts that they have done a pass through with an underline or something in the script chart? For the moment I guess just open a script, check the history, and if all of the changes are made by the translator, it hasn't been edited and probably need attention. Sorry that it's not a great solution atm. --jonathanasdf (talk) 12:17, 19 July 2014 (CDT)
- Well, I generally leave my name in the "Editors" tab once I do a full run, I don't do it otherwise. At the moment, Kagetsuki and I are doing a whole TLC run of Introductory Chapter, we got these three done in a couple days. It's pretty smooth since we mark lines that need attention and then think of a solution over Skype... refer to my OP if you'd like to join the process.
- Basically, everything up to 1004 doesn't need THAT much work, just some polishing, and I'll need help from other editors to do that... things like punctuation and tenses... doing these TLC runs with the new translator makes me forget about stuff like that at times, and I just do it by feeling. There's also "deepskyblue" stuff that we just can't translate without either paraphrasing or risking having a line that no one understands so we'll have to come up with something together regarding those.
- Thank you for showing interest, and I'm hoping you'll decide to join us.
- @Jonathan, I know the guidelines state that we don't have to worry about linebreak tags, but just how far can we take it? Should we delete them as we go to accommodate the way new translations may flow? Do they need to be manually re-placed? Just checking to make sure.NaokiP (talk) 16:10, 19 July 2014 (CDT)
- Use them wherever you feel the need to. Most of the time you probably don't need to, but if you want to force a line break at a certain point or something then just do so. Also feel free to ping me on here or through email/chat/whatever if you have any questions. I don't have time to actually TL/edit anything but if it's just a few questions I can make time. --jonathanasdf (talk) 01:57, 20 July 2014 (CDT)