hey, can you please re-upload 20-21-22 chapters of index? links are not working..
Hello, today i was going to download 3 volume of index, but i found out that all the pdf are gone, so can you reupload at least this 3 volume? I've try to find them somewhere else but i found only older versions, and i really want to have the newest bc i print them [only for myself not for sale or anything, i just prefer classic book type than e-book or something like that]
Sorry, i dont know how to do such thing, even google could'nt help me, i'm sure you have these pdf's, if you cant post it here, post it somewhere else, or at least do some tutorial to how to do this Edit Ok, now i know how to do it, but it still doesn't look like book, i mean your pdf were awesome to read as a book, and i really hope that i could have them. Last Edit; Thanks, I know it's little outdated but still its better than newer pdf that doesn't look like a book.
Hi, it looks like the NT18 illustration hasn't been cleaned and typeset even now, so I guess it's safe to assume that the person working on it might have been inactive ever since? Will you be able to work on it and update the pdf/epub batch? Many thanks.
Hello, I noticed that the MisaMisa color spread illustration in NT18 is the only one left that hasn't been edited with English text. Will this eventually be updated and inserted into the PDF version? Thanks a lot in advance.
Hello, thanks for the high quality illustrations for Index. I know it's late ( I already do 3 volumes ), but I wanted to ask you for the authorisation for clean the illustrations you made and frenchify them. Thanks in advance~ Kazugaya (talk) 13:16, 2 May 2013 (CDT)
Speaking of the British/American English issue, the reason why I wanted to set it as British English for default would be mainly because many of the characters are from England or has links with Necessarius (Like Index, Stiyl, Kaori, Motoharu, Aleister). It is just a matter of applying them when necessary, since it will be weird to see someone like say, the President in NT3 or Etzali, use British English in this setting. It's more of an aesthetic feel that I want, but ultimately one I can't apply to the entire setting unfortunately.--Teh Ping (talk) 09:33, 14 November 2012 (CST)
I am now imagining Index with a heavy British accent. But yeah, I won't be able to help out much with changing to British, since I barely know anything about the differences, but I won't change anything over to American. Ultranova17 (talk) 09:46, 14 November 2012 (CST)
There was no discussion page on this, but this is, in general, what most editors are trying to do. We're trying to bring the novels (at least the Index novels anyways) as close to a genuine Anglo-Saxon book format. Well, I'll just list general things so you get the idea: incorrect usage of parentheses, brackets, ellipses, etc. In other words a lot of things just rampantly egregious in translations. --Skies (talk) 00:41, 18 November 2012 (CST)
Hello, I am planning to do an edit through all chapters of Index for consistency in word choice, formatting, and terminology within the next few weeks. My plans are detailed on my talk page. I know you've have worked (if not still working) on consistency, so I wanted to give you a chance to comment on the terms I plan to change if you'd like, or to suggest adding new terms that I should do at the same time. Also, if you're in the middle of editing a chapter, then it might be best if you uploaded your partial edit before I download the chapters and started editing so that less merging needs to be done later (if you are in the middle of editing, I can message you with an exact start date for my edits once I know it). Also, thanks for cleaning up the present tense in volumes 4 and 5 that I missed. --Cthaeh (talk) 18:47, 29 August 2013 (CDT)
Thanks for catching some of my mistakes. I also noticed you're going after the magic/magical books --> grimoires. Just fyi that there are also a few "magic/magical text"s that probably should also be changed to grimoire (I noticed those four forms and was pretty sure should be changed, but decided not to at the time because I didn't have it on my original list). And since you also did an Original/original, I'll just mention that's one that I decided not to do halfway through my edits (even though it was on my list), so that's still scattered throughout the series. For the mistakes you caught, I checked to make sure I didn't have any other mistakes of the same form (of course probability-wise, their are probably still a few other kinds of mistakes). Also, let me know if you make it through reviewing all of my edits. I was intending to go through them all carefully in a few weeks once I have a fresh set of eyes, but if you've checked them all that probably isn't necessary for me to do. Thanks, --Cthaeh (talk) 22:58, 16 September 2013 (CDT)
Hello, hoping you're still watching this, but I was wondering: is there a particular reason for turning titles lowercase, or not putting thoughts in italics? I'll defer to you since you've been doing this longer, but I'd like to know if there's a specific rationale for it, or if it's just something that's "been done like that" and left as it is. It'd help going forward and avoid making changes that just get rolled back. There's definitely been some things I leave alone for lack of source material context, but others that seem to be more arbitrary when it comes to style standards.--SNovah (talk) 02:01, 22 July 2019 (CEST)
- Hi SNovah. What titles do you mean? Are you talking about things like royal family, queen, board chairman etc.? Most style guides I've seen have them capitalized only if they are before a name. For example, "Then, the pope sighed" is lowercase, while "Then, Pope Yogdis sighed" is capitalized since the title directly precedes his name. There are a couple of exceptions though. God is capitalized if it specifically refers to the Christian being. Also, Magic God, Great Demon, and Holy Guardian Angel are all capitalized. Magic God has been capitalized for years now, though I don't remember what started it, and I started capitalizing Great Demon since its counterpart, Holy Guardian Angel, was being capitalized as well.
- Regarding the thoughts: They use parentheses for a few reasons. Js06 has always used them, Kamachi uses them, and every translated volume in the series uses parentheses for thoughts. Changing them to italics would involve having to edit and change all 82 translated stories. Also, I personally think parentheses work better because we use italics for other things, notably the emphasis that Kamachi makes to certain lines or phrases.
- You are right though, most of these things are arbitrary. Style guides often tell you just to be consistent with what you pick, which is what I usually try to do with my edits.
- Hi! Yup, those are the kind of titles I was talking about. One of the reasons I brought them up is that capitalization also occurs when used in place of a name, when used with a name at all, or when in direct reference to them as in a conversation. For example, Accelerator explicitly referring to Elizard as "Queen" in conversation would arguably be capitalized, in the same way that it would be if he were to say "Your Majesty". It's a very gray area though, and you're correct about consistency being the most important consideration. Likewise, same deal with "Board Chairman Accelerator", or "Accelerator, the Board Chairman" would use that standard as well, but as long as it's done consistently, it can go either way. I would say that one specific case of Accelerator using "Queen" when addressing her is the only one that seems like it would need to change to fit the standard rules, but I want to see if you agree or not.
- It's the same reason I was uneasy about the parentheses, since I figured that the was the case in the source material. Some of the usages, such as ("When a character is supposedly speaking under their breath") made sense to me, as it's a notation that English doesn't really have, and it'd require actively adding that description to numerous dialogue lines. The main reason I was making that change as I found them in NT22R was out of consideration of going back and making the change, but it's also true that the emphasis from the original text concerned me when it overlapped. So since I know that's an intentional decision, I won't mess with it anymore. (Still bugs me a bit, but that's a personal issue and I'll get over it).
- I agree with you on capitalizing titles when specifically used in place of a name. So yeah, that part in NT22R when Accelerator was talking to Elizard and called her Queen can be left capitalized.
- I definitely understand the confusion with a lot of this stuff. Unfortunately, the style guide for the Index page is very basic and pretty outdated, which can make it difficult for editors to maintain consistency across volumes. That might be something I'll look into revamping at some point. -Ultranova17 (talk) 13:42, 22 July 2019 (CEST)
- Ah, that would make some sense then. I take it that's the same reason that there's inconsistency between italicizing specific foreign words? Nanasen vs Nanasen is the most notable one in NT22R that I can think of, off the top of my head. They've been defined before, but the general rule I've seen in print media would be to consistently italicize single words (or specific phrases) like that, even when recurring. I also need to go back to NT22 and check that it's Queen Britannia in a few places, because that wasn't consistently applied IIRC...--SNovah (talk) 23:30, 22 July 2019 (CEST)
- Hmm, I'll have to go through some of them. I know some of the OT books tend to do it (it's where I am in my reread), but the ebooks I have are based on modifications of the YenPress translations, which do seem to follow that rule. It's more that it's the standard for publications, and it's the equivalent to leaving them capitalized (which is how it is in the NT texts for things like Nanasen). If I can find it in NT texts, and confirm that it's the same on the site, I'll bring it up here. That aside, I take it there's no objection if I hunt down Queen Britannia and italicize it?--SNovah (talk) 05:52, 24 July 2019 (CEST)
Hello Ultranova17. There's something important I need to ask you. I noticed that some of Toaru novels's pdf files, like vol 2, are not updated to the last versions of translation in Baka-Tsuki. Since the first novels will be deleted on September I wanted to ask you if you could update the pdf files to the actual translation before that. I will also use the occasion the say that in the last of the three coloured pagespreads of SS 2, the one with Mikoto, the title of chapter 14 should be modified ("Gatekeeper" need to be corrected in "Goalkeeper"). Thanks.
- The only updates the PDFs should need are the recent edits by OH&S and some very minor changes. Once the edits are locked, I'll go ahead and update the PDFs with all those changes. Thanks for letting me know about the SS2 illustration, I didn't see that one, and will try and fix it. -Ultranova17 (talk) 21:19, 21 August 2014 (CDT)
Yes, only some part aren't updated, like vol 2 chapter 4. Thank you very much.
PS: I've just changed all English Royal Family to British Royal Family and I noticed that in vol 16 the word Knight(s) is often between quotation marks. Should they be removed? --Kamina lowell (talk) 05:23, 22 August 2014 (CDT)
- I believe the word Knight was in single quotes because it was a term. If you look at the rest of volume 16, you'll see that there are many terms in single quotes, which was something Teh_Ping would do when translating. IIRC, there was a discussion like a year ago on whether to remove them or not. -Ultranova17 (talk) 12:19, 22 August 2014 (CDT)
Hey ultra. In case I forgot to send you a PM on animesuki, I've finished with my ALL of my edits throughout Toaru Majutsu no Index: Firs Series. Let me know on my talk page if I didn't send you a PM within the past day. Also check my user page.--OH&S (talk) 19:52, 24 August 2014 (CDT)
I noticed that some volumes have not been updated and that some other seem only partially updated (e.g. the correction about the Royal Familiy are lacking). Will a further update be made later? (I would like to say that this isn't a complain at all, I just want to know) Thank you. --Kamina lowell (talk) 06:07, 2 September 2014 (CDT)
- Updates to the PDFs will still be coming out when new volumes and edits to NT are made, or when I do any edits to OT. I forgot about the royal family edits. I was planning to check through that as well as look through to see if there were any capitalizations and single quote removal needed for the Knight faction, since I'm pretty sure some of those aren't capitalized too. Aside from that, everything should be updated to the most recent version. What volumes and parts are you seeing that aren't updated? -Ultranova17 (talk) 23:27, 2 September 2014 (CDT)
- The volumes where I edited Royal Family should be the same where there weren't capitalizations and there were single quotes for the Knights: vol 14, 16, 17-18, 20-21-22, NT6, NT8-9-10, Necessarius SS. I also did modifications about the note position of vol 19's notes. Changing topic, I noticed you are updating images. Will you insert them even in the pdf files along with the modification of the image in SS2 (Gatekeeper to Goalkeper)? Also, what do you think about using this image for the pdf file of Kanzaki SS? http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110222151146/to-aru-majutsu-no-index/images/6/6e/Kanzaki_SS.jpg --Kamina lowell (talk) 10:55, 19 September 2014 (CDT)
Sorry for the bother, but I noticed that your mediafire account han been suspended and so the folder is unavailable. Do you have any plan for reuploading the contents in some other way, at least the non-OT ones, or this is the end? --Kamina lowell (talk) 06:26, 16 May 2015 (CDT)
- Well, as long as the upcoming NT novels PDF are timely released, I think the other updates are secondary. Talking about updates, I found new corrections, but I stupidly procrastinated. Want me to send them you now to directly include them in the update torrent? On a side note, if possible, could you create even a torrent containing the textless coloured illustrations form the novel, or directly upload the missing and new ones directly on the Wikia? They can be very useful for the Wikia, but there's no hurry for it. --Kamina lowell (talk) 13:03, 18 May 2015 (CDT)
Sorry to bother you, but I just checked nyaa and there isn't an updated torrent. Do you still have plans to update it? Thanks. (Sorry if I'm not supposed to contact you like this. I have no idea what I'm doing here.) -JBHUTT09 (talk) 19:50, 03 August 2015 (EST)
- There isn't one made yet. I do still have plans to make one, but I have some things to do to it, so I don't know when it'll be up. -Ultranova17 (talk) 23:54, 3 August 2015 (UTC)