- 1 Editor Commentary
- 2 General Comments
- 3 HSDxD - Spanish
- 4 Re:Joining projects and starting new ones
- 5 Sobre la traducción de black bullet
- 6 Assistance
- 7 Questions about moving Volumes
- 8 Request for Editor Privileges
- 9 Genre tag
- 10 VD2000
- 11 Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
- 12 Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Volume 3 Illustrations
- 13 About Shippai Kinshi
- 14 Stuff from Hellping
- 15 Editing ZnT
- 16 Ore to Kanojo ga Geboku de Dorei de Shuujuu Keiyaku
- 17 Re: Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
- 18 Re : No Game No Life Illustration
- 19 dani2098
- 20 Editing Issues
- 21 Index SS removal??
- 22 Bakemonogatari deleting
- 23 Rakuin short story
- 24 TAMNI (Indonesia)
- 25 Request for Supervisor
- 26 Spicing Up Bladedance's Translation
Proper usage of Sentence Fragments http://grammar.about.com/od/rhetoricstyle/a/effectivefrag.htm
Okay, I made a mistake in my understanding. I believe you are talking about
I read more on it and in all most all cases you are correct. I will mention something in discussion before I do any reverts.
This wouldn't require punctuation. There are few other cases but I can leave that in main discussion. Most of my mine are mistakes while involving short dialouge. Thank you for catching this for me. I will be sure to note it in the future. :)
Thanks for you continued support of Rakuin no Monshou. Since you've already made a considerable amount of edit, I'd like to add you to the editors list. Is that okay with you? Also, I seem to have missed some of your comments so I'm going back to read them all. Detalz and I both use Google Drive to TLC each other and improve the quality - PM me if you want to join in. But you can also keep things as is. Either way's fine. --Dohma (talk) 09:26, 22 February 2014 (CST)
Thank you for pointing out my mistake in editing Rakuin no Monshou. I somehow missed that guideline and apologize for inconveniencing you with having to undo the edits. I will be sure read the guidelines more closely in the future. I have undone some of them, but it seems you have undone the rest. I apologize if this isn't the proper way to send you a message, I'm still figuring out the Baka Tsuki format. Dezz (talk) 18:13, 5 October 2014 (CDT)
Say Cthaeh, any idea how to aquire additional privileges, like page deletion? If I remember right, you have that ability. Do you need to be around a certain amount of years, have a certain amount of contribution, or just ask an admin directly? Thanks for your timeǃ Subsinexus (talk) 10:10, 1 April 2015 (CDT)
Hello, translator of Rokujouma here, I appreciate you pointing out the mistakes in the translation, it's a constant battle finding all of the ones that slip through. --Warnis (talk) 18:22, 24 August 2015 (UTC)
Hey, regarding the edits on Rokujouma vol 8, I reuploaded an edited version of chapters 5 & 6, sadly I wasn't aware of your edits, but make no mistake, it most certainly wasn't intentional. ---Warnis (talk) 21:28, 15 October 2015 (UTC)
HSDxD - Spanish
Re:Joining projects and starting new ones
Hey it's jsmi47 here. Thanks for your advice. I went through your links and they were a great help. With this I hope to become a major contribution to the site. ^^ so yeah. thanks.
Sobre la traducción de black bullet
porque rayos borraron la traducciones de los últimos volúmenes en ingles, estoy tratando de deshacer eso pero borro mucho
Hello Cthaeh just joined back to help with minor corrections that I come across. Wondering if there was anything I do to help with the spam users and garbage texts? Nonus (talk) 19:50, 18 February 2015 (CST)
What most annoys me about spam users/pages is the clutter it adds to the recent changes page. Selecting "User" as namespace and inverting it filters out user creation, but there are still all the junk pages in the list. :/ Is there something simple that would help people like you with the deletion process? Anyways, thank you, to you and other grunts and the admins who help keep this site running smoothly. Keep it up. GSC (talk) 05:42, 13 March 2015 (CDT)
Nothing really that could me personally with my deletion/blocking; the limitation for me deleting them is just my schedule throughout the day. But thanks for the emotional support. --Cthaeh (talk) 19:15, 13 March 2015 (CDT)
May I bother you to change a filename for an illustration? After reading Date·A·Live's volume 12 afterword, I realized that there was a missing illustration. For some reason, the one who uploaded them marked the cover as "cover" and the table of contents as "000a", then named every other illustration as "000" plus a letter. It seems that, by doing that, the uploader skipped the one that should've been named "000a", so it was skipped. I've uploaded it, but there may be issues since one is "DAL_v12_000a.jpg" while the other is "DAL_v12_000a.png". Could you please rename "DAL_v12_000a.png" as "DAL_v12_contents.png" (and change the reference at the illustration page)?--Kemm (talk)
- Thanks for the info. I didn't know that there was a way for general users to move content. At least in my case, it's concealed inside a "more" drop-down list (as the only element, to boot), which is more plain than the other options and thus easy to miss. I've already fixed what I wanted to fix.--Kemm (talk)
Questions about moving Volumes
Hi Cthaeh! This is BionicMeerkat. I'm posting this because it is now obvious that Volume 9 of Mondaiji should be placed under a short story section. I can see how to implement a Short Story section through glancing at other series that have short stories of their own, but my question is mainly regarding the illustrations. If I change the volume to be Volume 1 under short stories as it is labeled in Japan, wouldn't the illustrations become wacky from Volume 9 onward? I say this because we have been continuing with labeling the volumes with the short stories being Volume 9 when it should be the next main story that should be labeled volume 9. Sorry about the block of text and thank you! - BionicMeerkat (talk) 18:43, 9 April 2015 (CDT)
Thank you so much for your help! Like you said, I've planning on just moving them, although I have no clue how to name the volume since I assume putting Volume 1 in the front will conflict with the Volume 1 of the main story. I might just put SS1 in front so that way no conflicts will occur, but at this juncture I'm just going to attempt to make the short story section work before running into the moving portion. I will also be sure to check the international versions of the text to see if they are at the same spot and will try to notify them if so. Thanks again! (Sorry if the reply is suppose to be on my page, been here for nearly 2 years and still don't know the etiquette for replying haha) - BionicMeerkat (talk) 19:37, 9 April 2015 (CDT)
- Hey Cthaeh! So I'm swinging by because I have encountered a issue in moving the volumes around. So I can see that moving the illustrations is fine, however the biggest issue now is the navbar. I can't seem to make it identify the short story section, and thus I'm scared to move further into transferring the volume over. I have reverted all my changes I have made back to how it was prior to my tinkering and so far I have seen nothing that seems to be wrong thankfully. I have checked the SimpleNav, but I have no idea how well it will work, since I think it would be easier for the readers to just click the short story instead of having to go back to the main page just to read the volume. If all else fails I'm considering just naming the Volume as Volume 8.5 and then moving the later volumes to their correct volume number. However, the same issue comes up as I have no clue if the current Mondaiji navbar will recognize 8.5 and then I'm back to where I started. Any advice will be very much appreciated. Thank you! - BionicMeerkat (talk) 16:23, 20 April 2015 (CDT)
Request for Editor Privileges
Previously, I asked on this page the method for acquiring page deletion privileges, and was told to ask a supervisor for them. I went to Onizuka-Gto, left a message on his talk page, and have received no response up to now. Perhaps he is busy with other things?
So, I have no choice but to seek another. May I, as an editor of Tate no Yuusha, request of you the privileges associated with the position (page deletion, etc)?
Wow, late reply. No, at the time, there was a lot of opposition even just shifting the chapters into preview links. So I didn't dare do anything more. Yoraikun's, at least, shouldn't be considered previews. Subsinexus (talk) 14:34, 29 September 2015 (UTC)
Ah, I wasn't too clear on what i meant, what i was thinking of, for example, a genre tag such as "adventure" or "harem" is allocated and this will be applied to both English and alternative Language project but there will not be a separate tags in each language and only in English for international simplicity sake.
--Onizuka-GTO 23:37, 27 April 2015 (CDT)
Thanks for your reply I appreciate it! Ill contact Green Moriyama and after that hopefully get started. <3 --220.127.116.11 20:43, 28 April 2015 (CDT)
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
Ah, I see. It seems to me you have this project all under control, I wasn't aware that it was still in the process of being edited so I assumed that it had been completed for now. Well, I'd hate to mess up the long hours of work you've put into editing, so I'll just stay put for now, unless you are in need of any help. Ruby Halo (talk) 04:36, 13 May 2015 (CDT)
Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha Volume 3 Illustrations
Good day. I just want to ask something all about uploading of the colored illustrations. Some of the colored illustrations have text in them, and I want to edit that texts (via photoshop) and replace them with translated texts, specifically [this file] and this file only (well, for now). My question is, is that allowed?--Arsl31 (talk) 07:41, 19 May 2015 (CDT)
About Shippai Kinshi
Stuff from Hellping
Just wanted to say that I already have ping's permission to upload his stuff here (Facebook dare or do. I told him i'd do it months ago but was too lazy lolz~) As you can see I've already uploaded CLockwork. Done with Magdala too(almost). Will do the rest when I have time. So can you remove the teaser tags and turn them into full projects? thanks --TheCatWalk 12:50, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
Actually I'm still not clear on that. I intended to make major changes and want to register as an editor. Who on the "project staff" is actually responsible for registration? I've contacted some translators and editors about it, but they're not really sure. The project manager is supposed to take of this, but "Vaelis" is actually inactive.
Hmmm I see, thanks for the clarification.
Oh and one more thing I want to ask about; when I was checking to see how to register as an editor, I also had a look at the contributions of the other editors on the main page (https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Zero_no_Tsukaima). Some of these editors' only contribution was to add themselves onto the editor list. What's up with that? Someone should remove them off the list imo. - Iro Daijoubu (talk)
Ore to Kanojo ga Geboku de Dorei de Shuujuu Keiyaku
EnTruce here. I will be adding both the External site and host it here. I am not taking any donation for Ore to Kanojo so I believe that I can, or not? (need Answer). I also have other novels and that's the reason it takes more time to TL it. The chapters are big and so...
Re: Papa no Iu Koto o Kikinasai!
Re : No Game No Life Illustration
Hello, thanks for watching over what I m doing. I didn't know if we needed a specific naming for each country since the english illustration got deleted when it got licenced. I d be pleased if you could undelete them. Just to know, where can I get all their names ? Thank you. Djidji (talk) 01:48, 21 September 2015 (UTC)
Hi, I'm updating some illustrations of the 8th volume.
I was wondering if I had to notice you to delete those two pages (1;2) as they were splitted pictures and I found the overall pictures. Djidji (talk) 23:49, 2 June 2016 (UTC)
Sorry, can you tell me which is the problem with the links?
Got it i do not have a copy of the original light novel so i thought the " is extra or something i undo it
Index SS removal??
Greetings Cthaeh, I received a similar notification about some of our Slayers translations. Did some bot run wild with your privileges, or is there something else I missed...? --Pip25 (talk) 01:54, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
- Go to the Facebook page. There was a big DMCA of stuff. I'm guessing that's what it is. -Ultranova17 (talk) 01:56, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
Sorry, with all that needed to be done, I didn't (and don't) really have time to notify individuals about deletion. See the news now posted on the main page. That's all the information I have anyways. Also, I probably won't be very responsive to any future messages in the near future due to the holidays. --Cthaeh (talk) 03:28, 18 December 2015 (UTC)
Hello Cthaeh, It seemes to me that Bakemonogatari volumes 1 and 2 have been recently deleted. Please, tell me why and where I can find them. I've registered just to ask it.
Djidji already already gave the correct answer on your talk page, but just to repeat it here: They were deleted because Vertical announced it would release them, the deletion in line with BT policy. So you can find them in book stores or online in half a year from Vertical. --Cthaeh (talk) 22:31, 14 July 2016 (UTC)
Rakuin short story
Hello Cthaeh, sorry to bother you but I have a question about uploading etiquette and you seem like the person to ask. I managed to get hold of the short story for Rakuin no Monshou which Par74583 started translating and as I would like to replace his translation, I'm not sure what the proper way of doing that is, especially since he doesn't really seem to be active here anymore. Should I move his translation to the Discussion page (since just deleting it seems kind of rude)? --renuac
- Hello renuac, it's generally acceptable for an active translator to replace old translations for consistency or as necessary, though I don't think there's really a strict or formal procedure for it. I would personally drop a message on Par74583's talk page saying you plan to finish the short story and replace the start for consistency, just as a courtesy. As you've noted, he doesn't seem active, so it's likely you won't get a reply, which is fine. If you just paste over the existing translation, the page history will still show Par74583's contributions and allow someone to look up his version, plus you could leave his name on the registration page (while adding your own) as a way to acknowledge his work; so I wouldn't consider it very necessary to copy his version to the talk page, not that you couldn't if you wanted to do it that way. --Cthaeh (talk) 01:52, 20 December 2016 (CET)
The new user (a translator as he proclaimed) refuse to hold discussion with the previous translator and doing as he pleases. I just tried to warn him a little so he would calm down and be more cooperative. I didn't think it would draw your attention. Sorry. And thank you for your help. I might change it back depend on how the situation changes but for now I think it was for the best. I will inform the other translators about the change in protection level. --Tony Yon (talk) 21:45, 16 May 2017 (CEST)
Request for Supervisor
Hello Cthaeh, sorry if I bothering you. I am leader project of CLANNAD ~Vietnamese~ and since we are going to release final patch of this visual novel in next year, I really need working hard on the documents page here in our projects. However, during the task, I need to see the old version of seens page of English version project, but since all of them already deleted, may I get Supervisor right to view old revision of those pages? I am not going to undelete any page, it just that I need read them to check the code and Japanese text. I hope you can understand and sorry for my bad English. Thank you in advanced! --minhhuy (talk) 17:23, 29 December 2018 (CET)
- Yeah, sorry, I haven't logged in to the wiki or my email recently. I typed a little more in email, but it's generally the policy that we don't give out access to deleted content (unless it's to the original translator for that content). --Cthaeh (talk) 03:18, 5 February 2019 (CET)
Spicing Up Bladedance's Translation
So, I really love Seirei Tsukai No Bladedance. I reread it quite a lot, but I always end up wanting to rewrite or change some sentence or other because I feel like the translation could use some more flavor. I feel the best example is in volume 9, when Kamito thinks "Having arrived at this point, all that's left is a dialogue through swords." I think that a better translation would be "At this point, all that's left is to let our swords do the talking."
Are you okay with edits like these? Because I'm probably changing the original sentence quite a bit in service of adding a bit more voice, personality, and overall polish to the translation.--Manofshaqfu (talk) 14:35, 5 August 2019 (CEST)
- Sorry for the late reply; I'm not very active anymore and should probably remove myself from the list there (but there's one more thing I want to get done first). Short answer is I'm personally fine with that kind of edit in moderation; however, I'll note the translator for most of the later volumes, zzhk, does (or at least used to) police edits on their own translations. Even if you have some valid edits, zzhk may undo them if there are some they feel went to far. So you'll likely want to either be prepared for the possibility your edits will be undone or check with zzhk first (though zzhk is also less active these days, and you may not get a prompt reply).
- An addendum to that is that I advocate for moderation in that style of editing to preserve a level of consistency. Editors invariability come and go, and if everyone was editing to full extent of their stylistic sensibilities, the translation would end up a incongruous mismatch of differing styles even if it started with a consistent output from a single translator. So I like to view stylistic edits on the wiki as more to smooth out the rough edges rather than try to upgrade every possible line. Just giving a bit a food for thought regarding editing. --Cthaeh (talk) 02:04, 22 August 2019 (CEST)