Talk:Mondaiji-tachi ga isekai kara kuru soudesu yo:Names and Terminology Guidelines
Personally, I think Lily works better, since the kata would be the same, and it's an actual name. I've also got a few questions regarding the names. ルイオス is Ru-i-o-su, so I'm not sure about Louis being a good name to use. I would think Ruios or Luios would be more appropriate here. The same goes for アーシャ. I would think Asha would be more appropriate than Ayesha. Louis and Ayesha certainly are english names, but the pronunciations just don't work out. Also, アルゴール is definitely not Al Gore. It's Algol. イグニファトゥス being Ignis Fatuus is literally Ignifatus, but the lore fits Ignis Fatuus, so I think that would be more appropriate. I think Sarah should remain Sala, since Sala + Mandra = Salamandra. --EnigmaticAxiom (talk) 12:41, 19 April 2013 (CST)
I think ルイオス＝ペルセウス = Louis Perseus should be Laius Perseus based on this wikipedia page. Based solely on the katakana Louis would be perfect, but I think we should use the correct name that it is based on.
The other one is アルゴール = Al Gore , that should be Algol instead, according to this page.
Someone suggested Draculea for the name of Leticia and after digging a bit, on this page it is confirmed as a valid name, and I think we should use it for her. Furthermore Draculair would be ドラクレール with katakana I think. Firebird (talk) 18:07, 19 April 2013 (CDT)
I just grabbed a bunch of the stuff from the wiki which happens to be highly incorrect in lots of areas. It probably needs a gigantic overhaul in a lot of areas... ---Mizuho (talk) 00:17, 3 May 2013 (CDT)
A few questions regarding editing: Should I use [Highborn of Little Garden] or [Little Garden Aristocrat], Demon Lord or Maou (with or without ) and Name and Banner or [Name] and [Flag]? And the Pureblood mentioned in vol 1 ch 4 is the same as the Pure Breed/Purebred mentioned in vol 2, right? If so, which one should be used? -- Draconic (talk) 08:40, 15 December 2013 (CST)
- I was contemplating these things myself. The are many inconsistencies through everyone's translation so we should rectify those for sure. However I'm not quite sure about what to use in some of those cases.
- I would like your input on these, since I'm not a native english speaker, it may sound fine to me, but it could be weird for a native speaker.
- For example everyone beside me seems to use the words Aristocrat instead of Highborn, but I think Highborn fits better here both within the flow of the text and meaning.
- I think Demon Lord should be used instead of Maou. The bracket equivalents are used on and off in the original text too, so I think we should just leave them out and signify the importance of those words with simple capital letters or in some cases italics.
- That brings me to the use of brackets itself. I thought in the beginning those are needed, since I saw those being used in other light novel translations on Baka-Tsuki, however even those don't use them anymore and I tend to agree with them now. So I think those should go too. There are some cases where those expressions are really emphasized, in those instances we could use italics or single braces I think.
- The question of Flag/Banner/Emblem/Insignia is another hard one. In japanese they use 'hata'(Flag) and 'hatajirushi'(Banner/Emblem/Insignia) interchangeably, but I thought it would be weird to use Flag somewhere, but Banner or Emblem in other places, since in english these words are not as similar as in japanese. I think I will go through the translations sometimes and change them to their most fitting translations based on context. The brackets should go away in this case too, I think.
- Pure Breed/Purebred are most likely the same as Pureblood. I think we should use Pureblood since it feels more noble and awe-inspiring to me then the other two. --Firebird (talk) 10:30, 15 December 2013 (CST)
Yes, consistency seems like one of the main problems.
- I think there's not much difference between Aristocrat and Highborn, but I agree that Highborn feels a bit more natural.
- I think that community names should be put in brackets, those feel like they belong there... Aside from that, I will leave the other brackets as they are for now. Maybe remove a few that I think unnecessary.
- Yes, Pureblood definitely sounds more noble than Purebred.