User talk:Strike Forcer
- Well, thumbnails are used everywhere in B-T, and if you want to see the pictures you just need too click on them so it's not that bad. Strike Forcer (talk) 17:10, 1 November 2013 (CDT)
- I don't think thumbnails are terrible either, but I do like to see the pictures in their full glory :D If you don't think it's a good idea I don't mind leaving them as thumbs, but I don't see any reason to besides convention. - Synth (talk) 11:17, 2 November 2013 (CDT)
Editing Owari / Horizon
Hi. I`m going to translate Owari and Horizon on Russian. You made major changes in 1st volume of Horizon. Will be any changes in 1st volume Owari and any major changes in first chapters of Horizon? Sharkrahs (talk) 08:11, 14 November 2013 (CST)
- The first chapters in Horizon were in need of some serious editing, that's why I did it. Owari translation is pretty good and editing is not needed outside some occasional typos.Strike Forcer (talk) 08:27, 14 November 2013 (CST)
Volume 1 Chapter 29
Going back through the edit history on this chapter, it looks like the meanings of several sections were significantly changed from the original translation posted by Suiri Megami Alice. For example, the edit you made on 2/22/14 changed
- She looked at everyone thronged in the other side, and speculated their possible decision. Since she asked for a challenger, someone should step forward soon.
- Thinking that, looking at everyone on the other side, she started thinking about the possibilities.
- About the person that will come out to respond to her requirement for an opponent.
Were those changes a result of going back to the original Japanese text and retranslating it? I ask because some of the changes were quite significant.
- Shirojiro and Naomasa are unlikely possibilities either. Speaking of combat-types, the best choice would be Tenzo or Ulquiaga. After all, those two are undertaking combat training and had experience exterminating Youkais.
Is quite different from:
- Shirojiro and Naomasa were not with them, so if we're talking about dueling-types, it would be someone like Tenzou or Urquiaga.
- They were the ones taking on spirit exorcism cases to train their combat experience after all, to follow in their family's business or for their own career path.
In the first version, Shirojiro and Naomasa are just "unlikely possibilities." In the second, they are not even present (presumably still cleaning up after their fight). And I know it's not necessarily canon, but in the anime Naomasa is there in the huddle deciding who to send out against Mitotsudaira. It's also better English to say "undertaking combat training" than "train their combat experience".
I have no way of knowing which is correct, I just know they are different in more than just grammatical ways.
My edit of the first passage would have been:
- She looked at everyone huddled up together on the other side and wondered what they would decide. Since she had asked for an opponent, someone should step forward soon.
And the second:
- Shirojiro and Naomasa are also unlikely possibilities. Speaking of combat-types, the best choice would be Tenzou or Urquiaga. After all, those two were undertaking combat training and had experience exorcising spirits.