- Yeah, I found one... Just gotta figure out what I have to do to get it started. Lygophile (talk) 22:36, 20 December 2013 (CST)
Hello. Just wanted to ask if you needed a TLC for Tokyo Ravens, since you're using Chinese-English translations.
- TLCs are always welcome if you're willing to put in the effort. Even more so for chapter translations, just make sure to notify me beforehand :) Lygophile (talk) 09:16, 21 January 2014 (CST)
- I'm more than happy and willing to help out with TLC, since its easier than translating a whole chapter. I might churn out a chapter next week to see if my style is okay with you.
- Mind if I call you boss? XD Xersax (talk) 09:35, 21 January 2014 (CST)
- Go ahead, lol Lygophile (talk) 15:30, 21 January 2014 (CST)
- I'll go through the Volume 4 side stories unless they bore me. Lygophile (talk) 00:21, 3 February 2014 (CST)
Check the Tokyo Ravens JP raw contents table before changing chapter titles. It is unnecessary to change what was written in "engrish" aka katakana. Example: Volume 5 Story 4 - Cold Memory In Dark (コールド・メモリー・イン・ダーク). :) Angelanime (talk) 17:14, 12 March 2014 (CDT)
- Good catch. I don't actually have access to JP raws, and my Chinese translations had translated the title into Chinese. Might want to check the other titles of this volume as well. Lygophile (talk) 19:40, 12 March 2014 (CDT)
- I generally open up the Chinese text, my text editor, and Google Translate all at once. Basically I just read through the Chinese text while typing the English translation into my editor, going to Google Translate for certain phrases if necessary. When I encounter a tough phrase or proper nouns, I generally open up new tabs to Google things. When I'm finished with a chapter, I use Microsoft Word to spellcheck it. Not so sure if I answered your question to your satisfaction, so feel free to ask something more specific. Lygophile (talk) 13:01, 14 March 2014 (CDT)
I want to ask if you could translate volume 10 first after you finish volume 5. I'm interested in what happens in the story after the events covered in the anime. Since anime ended with covering only up to the end of volume 9. Angelanime (talk) 17:44, 25 March 2014 (CDT)
- Sorry, but I don't really want to do that; I'd prefer to go through them sequentially. My apologies. Lygophile (talk) 09:19, 26 March 2014 (CDT)
Hey Lygophile, I'm an editor that's relatively new to Baka-Tsuki. I was wondering if there was room for one more editor in the Tokyo Ravens LN series because it seemed like you had quite a few translators but not many editors. I've already worked as an editor before, but not on Baka-Tsuki, so anything that I could do to help would be great for getting used to Baka-Tsuki. Is there an IRC channel or some other way of communicating with you guys? The talk page seems kinda chatboard-y. PointTaken (talk) 11:36, 21 June 2014 (CDT)
Wow, you're fast man, thanks for your amazing work.
I've once ever seen zzhk translate as fast as you, and even he can't sustain this pace for more than one volume at a time. You, sir, are incredible.
Glad to see Tokyo Ravens getting the love and respect it deserves. Thanks a lot :D Just a random question but do you have any plans for what you will translate once you are caught up on TR as there's not all that much left. Zeikuu (talk) 15:35, 19 July 2014 (CDT)
- I'll probably go back to CSR and finish up Volume 23, but no other plans as of yet. Lygophile (talk) 17:42, 19 July 2014 (CDT)
- Being an 'editor' for Tokyo Ravens basically means going over the chapters on BT and correcting spaeling/grammar mistakes. If English is your first language and you're very fluent in it, you can also fix up sentences for better readability and flow. If you'd like to do that, great! Lygophile (talk) 23:52, 14 August 2014 (CDT)
Hey lygo, can you translate the spoilers from blogs about volume 12 (which was out recently) posted on animesuki thread of Tokyo Ravens? Those spoilers from the blogs were in Chinese. Thanks.
Hei Lygo, umm.. i dont really know what I must to write because English isn't my first language, but I am fans of you, because you translate Tokyo Ravens. So, did you plan to continue translate Tokyo Ravens? I really want to read the next volume. ^^ Bjtatihowo
>w< !!Hi Lygo! Took the liberty and i made some pdfs of the volumes u translated (took me all day!!) up until now so people can download them :), but i dont know how to put them in the page (im new) and i dont want to mess ur editing...can i send them to you so you can upload them? ~RenTheWitch 31-03-2015
- Sure, you can do that. Alternatively, you could upload them to a hosting site and post links to the PDF forum at https://www.baka-tsuki.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=73 (I would do the same thing if you sent them to me). Lygophile (talk) 09:18, 1 April 2015 (CDT)
- Kk! i'll send them to ya :) ~RenTheWitch
I could try finding the proper romanization of Touji's father's name if you provided the kanji. If not, you can always search for the kanji at jisho.org and look up the name by checking JNMedict as the dictionary.--Kemm (talk)
- [直田公藏] is what the Chinese version provided. I did look up the characters in a kanji dictionary to get 'Medahachi Kusakanmuri', but I'm pretty unclear as to how Japanese works. Lygophile (talk) 12:28, 4 April 2015 (CDT)
Hi, I'm a TLC/editor for the russian tranlation of tokyo ravens, which is done from your english one. So I had a question: are they really riding "trams", which have "tram stations", and need "bridges" to cross the tracks? is it definitely not "trains"? --Idiffer
Chrome Shelled Regios
Hi! You're now also a translator? --Darklor 21:28, 27 March 2010 (UTC)
- Well, that would be new to me :P... why do you say that? --Lygophile 02:49, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- I used to send the edited file back to Blewin, who would then upload it. Instead, I'm just uploading it directly to save time. --Lygophile 17:04, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
Though I probably don't see them since I read the pages right when they come out, thanks for helping with Chrome Shelled Regios. I truly enjoy the read!
Thank you so much for continuing this, I've been wanting to know what would happen for a long time. Right when it was getting really, really good, the translations stopped - so thank you.--Darn2k 02:16, 9 May 2011 (UCT)
um if your not editing wont you please post the whole part already please --Anon 02:16, 30 Oct 2012 (UCT)
- My pleasure. Thanks for helping out with occasional edits :) Lygophile (talk) 07:17, 25 August 2013 (CDT)
thx for the translation :) and one question. do you plan on translating the remaining chapters of v11? there hasnt' been any notice from him in almost a year or someone knows something?
- Well, I don't know where Haze went. As for going back and finishing up v11, maybe I'll do it after finishing v17. But that does mean that I would be using time that could be used to translate the main storyline. --Lygophile (talk) 26 August 2013 (UTC)
- At the least, not until they are translated into Chinese. Lygophile (talk) 00:21, 3 February 2014 (CST)
guess i should post this in the discution of the novel but i guess this one has become that, anyway i wanted to ask if the volume 23 is a colletion of side-stories or a main story volume. sorry for the grammar thats probably burnig your eyes, my english is not that good yet Renextronex (talk)
- Thank you now i can read the v24 :D and ty for the amazing translations (sry i should have said that before when i asked about the v23) Renextronex (talk)
Dude you're so awesome, first you translate CSR and now Tokyo raven. Thank you I'm really enjoining the novels especially Tokyo ravens. So once again THANK YOU
Thank you for taking up Tokyo Raven you have my gratitude.
Many thanks for the translation!
It's wonderful to see that someone is translating a series that I love a lot! I just want to throw this in here; don't stress yourself out. If you need a break, take a break. The amount of work you've put into translation is already outstanding!
You sir are a god among men. Thank you for all your hard work!
Thank you a lot!!!
Hello! My name is Alice. Thank you for your translation of Tokyo Ravens, It's great! I really love this series! Are you going to continue work on this project? And.. I would like to translate it on Russian. May I use your English ver. for this? I don't know any languages, except English so I can't tranlate this project from Japanese or Chineese. Hope to hear from you soon. Best Wishes Alice P.s I'm really sorry for my mistakes on this letter.I have been studying English only three years
- Hi Alice, I do plan on continuing this project, but I can only do so once a Chinese version comes out.
- Feel free to use what I've worked on for a Russian version. Before you start any translation, though, know that it will be a significant time commitment to do properly. Lygophile (talk) 14:13, 10 March 2015 (CDT)
Yes, I know:3 Thank you!
chinese translations for TR
Hey lygo it seems that chinese translations for Volume 12 and 13 are out so you should check it out as I have problems reading chinese myself.
Hope to see TR updates when you're free to do so.
wattpad copy and paste :3
someone copy and pasted your work at wattpadd http://www.wattpad.com/user/19BusterZ94
- They do cite BT as their source. It would be nice if they mentioned the translators, but I don't expect any intellectual property rights or anything for my translations. Lygophile (talk) 22:56, 29 March 2015 (CDT)
Italian Translation for Tokyo Ravens
Hy, I'm italian, I'm translating Tokyo ravens in my site and I've asked, before I start permission to translate to the administrators. Now That I'm translating Tokyo Ravens I ask you If you could make an Italian page for me, obviusly I'll translate synopsis etc but I'm not very good to editing. I'm working on other novels and some of project manager answered me some one no. For two novels they are putting the test but if you want You can only put link to my translation. I love very much TR so I'm happy to translate. Here the Cap 1 Vol 1 Thank you very much for your hard work^^ --Kirishima Zen (talk) 23:17, 30 May 2015 (CDT)
Volumes 12 and 13 incomplete
Hey lygo, I've heard that the chinese translations of volume 12 and 13 that you translated from were incomplete, and therefore your translations are, too. I am not certain if this is true, though considering the volumes were incredibly short compared to previous ones I think it may be. You might want to try checking if you can find complete chinese translations of these volumes.
- I've also heard the rumors, but I haven't seen any evidence that the volumes were incomplete. It didn't seem to me that there were any obvious gaps in the material. I took a brief look today and didn't see any translations that were clearly more 'complete'. Lygophile (talk) 02:23, 21 July 2015 (UTC)
Hello a reader dropping by first of thanks for your hardwork in the series and i just finished reading it recently. Just supplementing as to what is written from above, from what read in animesuki it seems that volume 12 chapter 3 last missing paragraph has been been added according one of users named epicSHIN so i just thought I may as well inform you. Ofcoarse I am not sure how much of the missing parts has been added since then or if none at all since the post has been dated around august. If i am mistaken in anyway or redundant then I am sorry. Thanks again for your hard work.
Thanks so much for translating Tokyo ravens
Hi! Wanted to let you know that I have been editing chapter ten as I go. I'm somewhat of a grammar Nazi, so when I see it I want to fix it, hope that's ok? Anyway was hoping I could help with chapter 14, can't translate but I can edit.
- Totally okay, any edits are appreciated. At this point I've realized that I kinda tried too hard to make exact translations, so language is awkward in many areas; feel free to edit liberally and split sentences etc. For new stuff, I generally just post my (very minimally proofed) translations on this site and let others edit it. Lygophile (talk) 17:11, 26 December 2016 (CET.
Hi there! How goes it?
I had a good holiday season, thanks to you. ((Hugs)) Are you still going to translate 14 at this time or will it be awhile? Take your time just curious is all. 😇
- Glad you enjoyed it. I still plan on translating 14... but it will be awhile before that actually materializes. Lygophile (talk) 00:39, 6 January 2017 (CET)
Anyanyany one-on-one therethere???? (echo)
Well how goes it, same old bored to death here, hope your having way more fun. Hey do you know if they plan on printing this story ever in English? Got a Amazon account, so I looked for it, can get only the manga and it's in Japanese.
Good Day to You! How do you do? I just wanted to ask if you're still translating Tokyo Ravens. Sorry for my impatience but I really liked the series and wanted to continue reading it. I am just curious so hope you are not angered at this message of mine. Thanks! Your Admirer Tsuch Harutora
Thanks for the previous Volumes of Tokyo Raven!
Just wanted to know if your still translating Tokyo Ravens's Volume 14. I really like the novel so even though I saw that your planning on translating it, I just want to once again recomfirm it. Really sorry about this
I want to try translating
I have sent u a email yesterday and I have not gotten a reply yet. I just got a hold of the chinese translated Vol 14. It would seem that it is done until page 40. Can I continue from there?
I have sent u an email a few days back. did u receive it?
Hi, i have sent u an email again. hopefully u received it.
Tokyo Ravens-BD Side Story Reincarnation
Hi, Lygophile. Thanks for your hard work in translating Tokyo Ravens!
I got my hands of the Reincarnation side story and have translated it. I'd be happy to upload it once you give the okay (not sure what to do here but since the rules said to inform the Project Manager first...)
Many thanks :)